IP Addy and DNS pointing

Technical support for webhosting Resellers, and questions which directly relate to their services.

Moderator: Admins

PeteA

IP Addy and DNS pointing

Post by PeteA »

Hi,

I might be asking something that has already been answered, but how can I assign the 2nd IP addy that came with my resellers account?

I imagine that the 2nd addy is the one that is used for the second name server, and I would like to assign it to one of the domains that I am hosting.

I've looked in the main WHM for my resellers account and tried to edit the DNS Zone for the domain, however I'm apprehensive at just changing things, just incase it mucks it all up :)

My initial thought is to just change all of the IP addies that are my 1st IP address to my 2nd, but am not sure if this is the right thing to do :)
porcupine
Site Admin

Re: IP Addy and DNS pointing

Post by porcupine »

PeteA wrote:Hi,

I might be asking something that has already been answered, but how can I assign the 2nd IP addy that came with my resellers account?

I imagine that the 2nd addy is the one that is used for the second name server, and I would like to assign it to one of the domains that I am hosting.

I've looked in the main WHM for my resellers account and tried to edit the DNS Zone for the domain, however I'm apprehensive at just changing things, just incase it mucks it all up :)

My initial thought is to just change all of the IP addies that are my 1st IP address to my 2nd, but am not sure if this is the right thing to do :)
Hi there Pete,

When you create a new account, you should have the option to give it an ip address, and select the second IP address in the dropdown box in your WHM control panel under "create new account" section.
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
http://www.prioritycolo.com
PeteA

Post by PeteA »

Thing is that I've already created the account :(
porcupine
Site Admin

Post by porcupine »

PeteA wrote:Thing is that I've already created the account :(
If you open a helpdesk ticket, we can do it for you, but it will result in the page being down to anyone who has the old IP information cached.
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
http://www.prioritycolo.com