POP3 Problem

Technical support for webhosting Resellers, and questions which directly relate to their services.

Moderator: Admins

jprice

POP3 Problem

Post by jprice »

I am having problems sending and receiving emails with outlook. The only way I can receive emails via outlook is to set outlook up to connect to the server via SSL on port 995. But I am unable to send emails at all via outlook. Any suggestions???
porcupine
Site Admin

Re: POP3 Problem

Post by porcupine »

jprice wrote:I am having problems sending and receiving emails with outlook. The only way I can receive emails via outlook is to set outlook up to connect to the server via SSL on port 995. But I am unable to send emails at all via outlook. Any suggestions???
Chances are if you cannot connect to our servers on the regular ports, your ISP is blocking/filtering them. Have you tried contacting your ISP to find out if they block/filter access to the pop3 and smtp ports? Many do, in attempts to reduce spam coming from their network, and restrict you to only connecting to their own servers.
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
http://www.prioritycolo.com
jprice

Post by jprice »

I am now having the same sort of problem. I am using Eudora 6, and I can receive email, but I can not send.
What might the problem be.

Thanks
porcupine
Site Admin

Post by porcupine »

jprice wrote:I am now having the same sort of problem. I am using Eudora 6, and I can receive email, but I can not send.
What might the problem be.

Thanks
Please open a helpdesk ticket so we can troubleshoot this further. Not very well suited for the forum (too slow to resolve).
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
http://www.prioritycolo.com