General questions and advice

Technical support for webhosting Resellers, and questions which directly relate to their services.

Moderator: Admins

clay

General questions and advice

Post by clay »

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthrea ... adid=95441

I posted the above on webhostingtalk.com and got a little feedback but not much. People private messaging me about how they could get me a better deal with the reseller package is all. Please take a look and see if it needs tweaking any.

Other questions I have since I'm such a newbie at this :)

On setting up accounts:

Are certain options able to be turned off? Examples: Agora shopping cart and Interchange. What other options can be turned off using the WHM interface?

Can sub domains get their own cpanels if I choose?

What options use the MySQL databases? I know some of them use 1 MySQL database when the client chooses to setup a forum for example. This is so I know which options to open up for the higher priced packages. Some people pay for additonal services rather than additional space and bandwidth.

What are the charges for additonal disk space and data transfer again? What are the overage charges for each? What is a competitive price I could setup for overage charges. Just double yours? :D

Will initial support be available to me on setting up the first few packages I sell?

What are the uses for the 2 IPs and are these in addition to the reseller package for $16.95. So could I have 2 Name servers for example? What are some other uses I could use additonal IPs for?

Does the MySQL Databases count toward the total disk space?

Where is personal information stored? In your service agreement you state you hold personal info...I hope you aren't storing this information so that it is exposed to the internet. On a server for example.

Any suggestions on processing credit cards with a service. I need the cheapest but that also provide good quality service, chargeback protection etc. No monthly charges!!! Basically on a per transaction process. It would also have to support recurring charges etc.

Paypal was my first option but starting to hear horror stories on the forums :cry:

How do you handle overage charges using a service such as this (as in the above question)? Do you just attach it to their montly statement? Obviously if someone was setup for a monthly charge but went over their limit of disk space and bandwidth would be charged more. Do you have some automated way of doing this or do you just keep track of it manually? I guess this is more of a business question but gotta ask somewhere :?

Well I guess that's all for now...thanks in advance for the input.

Clay
clay

Post by clay »

Never mind...I see you guys are rather busy and these boards are unmonitered. I'll find another hosting provider but thanks for your time.

Thanks
Clay
porcupine
Site Admin

Post by porcupine »

Yep! These forums are for announcements, and for clients to help each other. These are not official support channels, and are unmonitored on purpose by our staff, because thats what our helpdesk system, email, etc. are for, these are just a 'community' enhancing set of forums, for clients to interact with each other, and so forth.
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
http://www.prioritycolo.com
gd

Good Question

Post by gd »

All very good questions for someone that is not yet a reseller. I woul be
interested in knowing some of the answer if anyone can do. :lol: