Mail Coming From @www4.prioritycolo.com

Technical support for webhosting Resellers, and questions which directly relate to their services.

Moderator: Admins

MITeacher

Mail Coming From @www4.prioritycolo.com

Post by MITeacher »

Hi,

I have set up PerlDesk. Every time it sends out an email it sends it from user@www4.prioritycolo.com. I have everything set up in the control panel, and the paths are set to work properly, is there anything else I should be doing? Ive never had this problem before, though each server is a bit different. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

-Matt
porcupine
Site Admin

Post by porcupine »

I remember reading that this had something to do with frontpage awhile back (not too sure why) and some related files had to be modified. If you can find the literature on what needs to be modified but do not have access to the appropriate files, open a helpdesk ticket and we'll give it a run through :) (at least thats what i think had to be done).
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
http://www.prioritycolo.com
MITeacher

Post by MITeacher »

This only seems to happen when someone sends a ticket from an AOL account. Im just not quite sure what to do. Email piping would be great because my target audience really isnt all that technical. I could always just require all support to be submitted via the HelpDesk though. Thanks for the help though, disabling FrontPage extensions didnt do anything, Im not quite sure what else to do with FP. Thanks for the help though, and Happy New Year.
porcupine
Site Admin

Post by porcupine »

I dont think it was to disable the extensions, there was a frontpage based file, or something to that extent, i think if you search the forum here it might even be documented.

As for why it'd affect only AOL customers, i cant say, no clue on that one, our own helpdesk, when people reply to ticket@prioritycolo.com it never seems to get there, most likely because of our catch-all setup granted.
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
http://www.prioritycolo.com