Installing PerlDesk 1.5.5 on www6

Technical support for webhosting Resellers, and questions which directly relate to their services.

Moderator: Admins

Alexander
not so much a newbie

Installing PerlDesk 1.5.5 on www6

Post by Alexander »

I cant seem to do it... :(
I rechecked the MySQL settings, i realy CHMODed all files to 755, but I get an internal server error (500) when I run install.cgi. Running pdesk.cgi tells me something more:
"install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't locate DBD/mysql.pm in @INC (@INC"

I checked on the PerlDesk forum, and one of the causes could be that the "DBI perl module" is not installed on the server. Is there a way to check that?
Alexander
Alexander
not so much a newbie

Post by Alexander »

Hmmz.. there's more .. that might be causing it I presume ?
Alexander
Alexander
not so much a newbie

Post by Alexander »

OR .. (which I will try now) Flash did not upload the CGI files in ASCI mode (?)

(just posting here for other people thgat want to trouble shoot in the future ;))
Alexander
Alexander
not so much a newbie

Post by Alexander »

That was definatly not it, so I am abandoning PerlDesk. I will lookin into Cerberus, but I might choose Modernbill soon (which has a helpdesk script in it I believe) ...
Alexander
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Alexander-

Please try to re-install your Perldesk software now. I just installed the DBD::Mysql module for perl so you should be able to run it now. In the future you will find a quicker response if you use our ticket system. You can register for it through <a href="http://www.prioritycolocation.com/cgi-b ... .cgi">this link</a>. Please let me know if you have any other issues.

-Matt
Alexander
not so much a newbie

Post by Alexander »

Hey thats great! Thank you!
I figured the module was already installed bacause PriorityColo also uses the PerlDesk system .. but I suddenly remember that's on another server ... I'll try to free up some time to install it, and I'll let you know here if it works :)

ps: Reason I posted here was because I figured there are more resellers using PerlDesk and I could have been doing something (stupidly) wrong... too bad no one replied. .. anyways thanks agin Matt!
Alexander
Alexander
not so much a newbie

Post by Alexander »

Filed a ticket (thanks for the tip) since it didn't work at first, I read Myles reinstalled the module and that fixed it, it is now running smoothly!

Thanks for the support!!
Alexander