Well in the interest in increasing anonyminity on the reseller servers, it was decided awhile ago that we would not only go to lengths to block the hostname from appearing to clients (eg. through ftp), but also we would look into a more anonymous domain. The time it's taken to do this was in relation to finding the right domain. As a result, one has finally expired which we were hoping to get, and we did . From now on, the reseller servers are using the "Priority Colo Data Center.net" domain (use the first letter of each word, nice, easy to remember 4 letter domain).
This will be noted on the members page, but in such a format that it will *NOT* turn up in any searches. This is in the interest of easing the process, we do not want to list one on the members page, then another on signup, and cause confusion, but as noted, there will be code inserted to prevent someone from punching the domain into google and finding out whom you resell from.
To answer some general questions (as i've been asked these a few times, and guess what, my stance hasn't changed.):
1. No, we will not register this domain/change contact name to provide falsified information
2. We will not rename hostnames of near IP ranges [eg. we will not change our RDNS naming scheme for the reseller server blocks to suit your convinience]
3. We will not rename our routers/gateways, etc. [be realistic, i dont even know why someone asked this]
4. We will not put falsified contact information in our ARIN handles, etc. [again, be realistic, it's also totally against ARIN regulations].
5. We will not remove this information from our members page [we will/already have prevented it from turning up in search engines, so your anonyminity will remain protected]
6. We will ABSOLUTLY NOT remove this new domain from the email headers to track abuse. Active accounts will still reside on this domain for abuse reporting purposes, and abuse will be handled as always.
Let us know if you have any questions, or problems with this transition.
News concerning Priority Colo, this includes network status updates, upgrades to services, new services, and general stuff you might be interested in knowing.
1 post • Page 1 of 1