Q1 2009 - Reseller/Web Hosting Infrastructure Upgrades

News concerning Priority Colo, this includes network status updates, upgrades to services, new services, and general stuff you might be interested in knowing.

Moderator: Admins

porcupine
Site Admin

Q1 2009 - Reseller/Web Hosting Infrastructure Upgrades

Post by porcupine »

Hi Guys,

I'm pleased to announce that it's been decided, we'll be doing a sweeping set of upgrades to all of the reseller servers. While the servers in question handle their load without issue, run proper backups, and have no real technical issues, we feel that it's come time to replace the hardware with more current gear, to accommodate future customer growth.

Current Hardware Spec:
2 x Intel Xeon 2.8GHZ
2-4GB DDR1-333 ECC/Registered Memory
3 x 160GB SATA1 HDD's (RAID 1)

New Hardware Specs:
2 x Intel Xeon 5420, 8 x 2.5GHZ
12GB DDR2-667 ECC/Registered Memory
2 x 750-1000GB SATA2 HDD's (RAID 1)

Current Software:
CentOS/Fedora (various versions)
PHP 4.4.9
Apache 1.3.41
MySQL 4.1.22
Daily, Weekly, Monthly off-server backups to our centralized backup system

New Software:
CentOS 5.2_64
PHP 5.2.8
Apache 2.2
MySQL 5.0.67+
Daily, Weekly, Bi-Weekly, Monthly, Bi-Monthly off-server backups to our centralized backup system

Customers Should note the following:
- The new servers will be supporting PHP5 only. While most PHP4 scripts will run without issue under PHP5, customers are advised to update their scripts as necessary to ensure compatibility. None of the reseller servers are scheduled to include legacy PHP4 specific support, as PHP4 has been set to "End Of Life" status by its developers some time ago.

- Customers who are still on legacy IP allocations (66.199.183.XXX IP's) will be provisioned new IP's within our 204.11.XX.XXX Netblock. Customers affected by this will receive separate notification, including migration instructions. No downtime/content migration/etc. will be required, simply reconfiguring the nameserver settings at your domain registrar for your primary domain.

- Reseller servers will be migrated to the new hardware using our tried and true method of content synchronization between the old and new servers. Expected impact is minimal (<30 minutes downtime per server, off-hours).

Having said all of this, we will be proceeding with the hardware upgrade on a server by server basis over the coming few months. I will update this thread, with server specific time frames, etc. for each server as that information becomes available, and will send out maintenance notices on a per server basis.
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
http://www.prioritycolo.com
porcupine
Site Admin

www4.pcdc.net Migration - 18-Jan-09 - 2:00am - 6:00am EST

Post by porcupine »

Hi Guys,

I'm pleased to announce that a date has been set for the first reseller server migration.

We will be migrating the www4.pcdc.net server on Sunday, January 18, 2009, between the hours of 2:00am and 6:00am EST.

All of the content will be mirrored from the old server, onto the new server ahead of time. We expect there to be 3-4 outages, between 5 and 15 minutes each, during the window in question, as the server is rebooted, services are restarted/reconfigured, etc.

No customer intervention will be required during this migration, this is simply a notice of the planned service interruption to the www4.pcdc.net server during this scheduled maintenance window.

Updates, if applicable will be posted in this forum thread.

Please note that as previously mentioned, php4 will no longer be supported post-migration: If you have any scripts which are not PHP5 compatible, this *WILL* affect you, and you should upgrade your scripts prior to this date to avoid potential issues.

Regards,
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
porcupine
Site Admin

www4 migration - complete

Post by porcupine »

Hi Guys,

I'm pleased to announce that the www4.pcdc.net migration has been completed, and all user content has been migrated without incident to the new server. With this migration complete, the rest of the servers will follow shortly!

Any customers who are experiencing issues with the new server should email me directly at myles@prioritycolo.com, or our emergency-pager address (if your issue critical/site impacting).

Beyond that, I hope everyone enjoys the new server, as much as we'll enjoy the new features the additional processing power will allow us to utilize!

Regards,

--

Myles Loosley-Millman - Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com - www.prioritycolo.com
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
porcupine
Site Admin

www5.pcdc.net Migration - 19-Feb-09 - 2:00am - 6:00am EST

Post by porcupine »

Hi Guys,

I'm pleased to announce that a date has been set for the next reseller server migration.

We will be migrating the www5.pcdc.net server on Thursday, February 19, 2009, between the hours of 2:00am and 6:00am EST.

All of the content will be mirrored from the old server, onto the new server ahead of time. We expect there to be 1-3 outages, between 5 and 30 minutes each, during the window in question, as the server is rebooted, final content is synchronized, services are restarted/reconfigured, etc.

No customer intervention will be required during this migration, this is simply a notice of the planned service interruption to the www5.pcdc.net server during this scheduled maintenance window.

Please note that as previously mentioned, php4 will no longer be supported post-migration: If you have any scripts which are not PHP5 compatible, this *WILL* affect you, and you should upgrade your scripts prior to this date to avoid potential issues.

Regards,
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
porcupine
Site Admin

www5 migration - complete

Post by porcupine »

Hi Guys,

I'm pleased to announce that the www5.pcdc.net migration has been completed, and all user content has been migrated without incident to the new server. With this migration complete, the rest of the servers will follow shortly!

Any customers who are experiencing issues with the new server should email me directly at myles@prioritycolo.com, or our emergency-pager address (if your issue critical/site impacting).

Beyond that, I hope everyone enjoys the new server, as much as we'll enjoy the new features the additional processing power will allow us to utilize!

Regards,
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
porcupine
Site Admin

www2.pcdc.net Migration - 01-May-09 - 12:01am - 6:00am EST

Post by porcupine »

Hi Guys,

I'm pleased to announce that a date has been set for the next reseller server migration.

We will be migrating the www2.pcdc.net server on Friday, May 1st, 2009, between the hours of 12:01am and 6:00am EST.

All of the content will be mirrored from the old server, onto the new server ahead of time. We expect there to be 1-3 outages, between 5 and 30 minutes each, during the window in question, as the server is rebooted, final content is synchronized, services are restarted/reconfigured, etc.

No customer intervention will be required during this migration, this is simply a notice of the planned service interruption to the www2.pcdc.net server during this scheduled maintenance window.

Regards,
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
porcupine
Site Admin

www2 migration - complete

Post by porcupine »

Hi Guys,

I'm pleased to announce that the www2.pcdc.net migration has been completed, and all user content has been migrated without incident to the new server.

Regards,
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
porcupine
Site Admin

www3.pcdc.net Migration - 10-May-09 - 12:01am - 6:00am EST

Post by porcupine »

Hi Guys,

We will be migrating the www3.pcdc.net server on Sunday, May 10st, 2009, between the hours of 12:01am and 6:00am EST.

No customer intervention will be required during this migration, this is simply a notice of the planned service interruption to the www3.pcdc.net server during this scheduled maintenance window.

Regards,
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
porcupine
Site Admin

www3 migration - Complete

Post by porcupine »

Hi Guys,

I'm pleased to announce that the www3.pcdc.net migration has been completed, and all user content has been migrated without incident to the new server.

Regards,
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
porcupine
Site Admin

www6 & www7 Migration - 17-May-09 - 12:01am - 6:00am EST

Post by porcupine »

Hi Guys,

I'm pleased to announce that a date has been set for the final reseller server migrations.

We will be migrating the www6.pcdc.net, and www7.pcdc.net servers on Sunday, May 17th, 2009, between the hours of 12:01am and 6:00am EST.

All of the content will be mirrored from the old servers, onto the new servers ahead of time. We expect there to be 1-3 outages, between 5 and 30 minutes each, during the window in question, as the servers are rebooted, final content is synchronized, services are restarted/reconfigured, etc.

No customer intervention will be required during this migration, this is simply a notice of the planned service interruption to the www6.pcdc.net, and www7.pcdc.net servers during this scheduled maintenance window.

Regards,
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
porcupine
Site Admin

www6/www7 migration - Complete

Post by porcupine »

Hi Guys,

I'm pleased to announce that the www6.pcdc.net and www7.pcdc.net migrations have been completed, all user content has been migrated without incident to the new servers.

Any customers who are experiencing issues with the new servers should email me directly at myles@prioritycolo.com, or our emergency-pager address (if your issue critical/site impacting).

Beyond that, I hope everyone enjoys the new servers, as much as we'll enjoy the new features the additional processing power will allow us to utilize!

Regards,
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com