Disk quota error

Technical support for webhosting Resellers, and questions which directly relate to their services.

Moderator: Admins

Binarymind

Disk quota error

Post by Binarymind »

Hi - I'm getting an FTP error:
"Response: 450-Error during write to file: Disk quota exceeded"

so when I login to WHM to increase the disk quota on the specific account, I get the error in WHM:

"Sorry you cannot modify this account because doing so would exceed your disk space allotment. You have exceeded your disk space allotment by 5 Megabytes!"

If I go to the area to view disk quota use, it says "No users are over their quota."

Please advise!

Thanks,
Tim
porcupine
Site Admin

Re: Disk quota error

Post by porcupine »

Binarymind wrote:Hi - I'm getting an FTP error:
"Response: 450-Error during write to file: Disk quota exceeded"

so when I login to WHM to increase the disk quota on the specific account, I get the error in WHM:

"Sorry you cannot modify this account because doing so would exceed your disk space allotment. You have exceeded your disk space allotment by 5 Megabytes!"

If I go to the area to view disk quota use, it says "No users are over their quota."

Please advise!

Thanks,
Tim
Hello Tim,

Because overselling is enabled on all reseller accounts by default, typically this means that you have allocated sub-accounts more space then you have under your primary account, and they have now utilized said space, and now theres nothing left for the main account to allocate. You can check disk/bandwidth usage on the create new account screen (as that notes the actual amount of diskspace/bandwidth consumed).
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
http://www.prioritycolo.com
Binarymind

Post by Binarymind »

porcupine wrote:
Because overselling is enabled on all reseller accounts by default, typically this means that you have allocated sub-accounts more space then you have under your primary account, and they have now utilized said space, and now theres nothing left for the main account to allocate. You can check disk/bandwidth usage on the create new account screen (as that notes the actual amount of diskspace/bandwidth consumed).
Thanks Myles.

I've tried to modify the packages quota size, and also tried under Quota Modification, but even when I REDUCE the quota, I'm getting the error:
Sorry you cannot modify this account because doing so would exceed your disk space allotment. You have exceeded your disk space allotment by 10 Megabytes!

Thanks,
Tim
porcupine
Site Admin

Post by porcupine »

Binarymind wrote:
porcupine wrote:
Thanks Myles.

I've tried to modify the packages quota size, and also tried under Quota Modification, but even when I REDUCE the quota, I'm getting the error:
Sorry you cannot modify this account because doing so would exceed your disk space allotment. You have exceeded your disk space allotment by 10 Megabytes!

Thanks,
Tim
Is this accurate though? Is your aggregate disk space usage over what you should have available in total (eg. 610mb total consumed between all accounts on a 600mb reseller account)?

If not, I'd suggest filing a helpdesk ticket where we can gather more data and look into this issue in more detail. If so, then the function is performing exactly as it should (as you've consumed more resources then allowed by your package, and now cannot modify sub accounts as a result, aka time to consider upgrading).
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
http://www.prioritycolo.com