Newbie Question - Presale

Technical support for webhosting Resellers, and questions which directly relate to their services.

Moderator: Admins

mgaums

Newbie Question - Presale

Post by mgaums »

So, If I'm purchasing a reseller account - and the account comes with 6IP addresses, does this limit me to hosting 6 domains? Please explain this aspect to me like I'm 5... I'm very interested in setting up an account asap - I'm having problems where I am right now!! :)
porcupine
Site Admin

Re: Newbie Question - Presale

Post by porcupine »

mgaums wrote:So, If I'm purchasing a reseller account - and the account comes with 6IP addresses, does this limit me to hosting 6 domains? Please explain this aspect to me like I'm 5... I'm very interested in setting up an account asap - I'm having problems where I am right now!! :)
Typical reseller accounts are setup with 2 IP addresses (regardless of what comes with the package) then more are ordered as needed.

The first two IP addresses serve to host your ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.com private nameservers. Additionally, the NS1 IP address becomes you "private shared IP address", which means all sites you add under your account fall under that IP address (there is no limit to the number of domains/accounts you can host on a single IP).

Additional IP addresses can be utilized for SSL certificate sites, as they required their own IP per SSL certificate/SSL enabled site.
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
http://www.prioritycolo.com
Rayg

quick question about files

Post by Rayg »

I know sites cannot stream video, but is it possible for sites to provide visitors with downloads of video, audio and other files?
porcupine
Site Admin

Re: quick question about files

Post by porcupine »

Rayg wrote:I know sites cannot stream video, but is it possible for sites to provide visitors with downloads of video, audio and other files?
Yes, it's possible for users to host regular files to their hearts content, as long as the files in question do not violate our Acceptable Use Policy (AUP).
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
http://www.prioritycolo.com