cPanel v7?

pretty much anything you want

Moderator: Admins

graham

cPanel v7?

Post by graham »

I see that cPanel will be releasing a new version tomorrow, including a few new items (below). Will this be automatically updated on all servers?

- Squirrelmail - a webmail client akin to Neomail, but with more options and a more intuitive interface.
- Exim upgraded to 4.20
- SpamAssassin can now tag mail to be sent to a folder called 'spam' instead of to the inbox (note that checking this folder would then require the use of an IMAP client or horde - this can be disabled in favor of the inbox)
- Autoresponders now support HTML
- Autoresponders can now be edited (instead of requiring them to be completely deleted and recreated)
- phpMyAdmin upgraded to 2.5.1
- php scripts that define a sender within them will now have the return-path rewritten to match that sender (i.e., the return-path will not be "nobody" or "user@server.name")

TIA - Graham.
porcupine
Site Admin

Post by porcupine »

The new version being released is the "release version". They'd already released the "[Bleeding] Edge" version a few weeks back. We will not be upgrading servers until the "Stable" version is out though :).

Hence, those features will be in place in a few weeks when the "Stable" version comes out most likely.
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
http://www.prioritycolo.com
graham

Thanks

Post by graham »

Ahhh - I was unaware of the distinction that was there. I'm one for caution in this sort of regard, and wouldn't mind if the first couple days of public use after "stable" were given a chance to reveal faults that may effect our path.
porcupine
Site Admin

Post by porcupine »

Thats why theres 3 versions of a release, the idea is that by the time stable is implamented, all the major bugs are worked out.

Realistically speaking, With CPanel that doesen't often/always happen, but at least theres nothing site killing left by the time it gets there, i feel sorry for anyone on the edge releases though mind you.

Much like Linux's release schedule, where theres alpha, release, stable, etc. releases :)
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
http://www.prioritycolo.com