What happen to neomail

pretty much anything you want

Moderator: Admins

gd

What happen to neomail

Post by gd »

What happened to neomail, it no longer shows up when checking email.
Priority colo starting to get to me, nothing seems to work properly.
I'm looking for another hosting company any suggestions out there?

Is anyone else having problems with the Service?
simeon

neomail

Post by simeon »

It was dropped by cpanel back in November. We didn't see it here until the upgrade yesterday.
porcupine
Site Admin

Re: What happen to neomail

Post by porcupine »

gd wrote:What happened to neomail, it no longer shows up when checking email.

Unfortunately we cannot control what CPanel does in terms of software support, or what they choose to keep or remove from their control panel (or what does/does not work in the control panel realistically speaking, as we dont develop the product, we only provide it, and do our best to make sure the systems work as intended).

If you're going to look for another host given this, I'd suggest looking for a non-CPanel based host, as elements of the panel that aren't working out for you (or software that they've chosen to discontinue utilizing) will have the same effect on all CPanel based hosts. Unfortunately we were not aware of the discontinuation of support for neomail until we had already migrated the servers, and a user had pointed out the news article from last year.
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
http://www.prioritycolo.com
gd

Post by gd »

porcupine wrote:
gd wrote:What happened to neomail, it no longer shows up when checking email.

Unfortunately we cannot control what CPanel does in terms of software support, or what they choose to keep or remove from their control panel (or what does/does not work in the control panel realistically speaking, as we dont develop the product, we only provide it, and do our best to make sure the systems work as intended).

If you're going to look for another host given this, I'd suggest looking for a non-CPanel based host, as elements of the panel that aren't working out for you (or software that they've chosen to discontinue utilizing) will have the same effect on all CPanel based hosts. Unfortunately we were not aware of the discontinuation of support for neomail until we had already migrated the servers, and a user had pointed out the news article from last year.
Thanks all for the information, I realy don't know what is what,I rely on the experts to provide the service they offer, I just think everything that is there in the Cpanel to be used by a customer should work without to much effort otherwise what is the point. I still think there is a problem things are not working the way they use to.

Just to satisfy my curiosity I signed up one of my domains with another hosting Company. It has Cpanel plus 50 FANTASTICO scripts. The Neomail is there and working perfectly, personaly I don't need neomail but this all came about because one of my Customers was asking about it.
My main concerns is the cgi and php scripts that can't be installed and if installed don't work, is all that part of the CPANEL not controlled by Prioritycolo.com, I think not, you tell me?
porcupine
Site Admin

Post by porcupine »

gd wrote: Thanks all for the information, I realy don't know what is what,I rely on the experts to provide the service they offer, I just think everything that is there in the Cpanel to be used by a customer should work without to much effort otherwise what is the point. I still think there is a problem things are not working the way they use to.

Just to satisfy my curiosity I signed up one of my domains with another hosting Company. It has Cpanel plus 50 FANTASTICO scripts. The Neomail is there and working perfectly, personaly I don't need neomail but this all came about because one of my Customers was asking about it.
My main concerns is the cgi and php scripts that can't be installed and if installed don't work, is all that part of the CPANEL not controlled by Prioritycolo.com, I think not, you tell me?
There are lots of things that CPanel should do well that it simply does not at times. If you're having specific problems with any of the php or cgi scripts installing from CPanel/WHM (eg. not installing, errors on install, etc.) you should email admin@ prioritycolo.com or submit a helpdesk ticket, as we certainly cannot help you if we don't know of a specific problem.
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
http://www.prioritycolo.com