Opt-in email newsletters for maintenance

Suggestions and Recommendations that you'd like to voice your opinion on. If you've got an idea that you would like to see implamented, this is the place to say it, where it can be heard by all.

Moderator: Admins

ZeroFill

Opt-in email newsletters for maintenance

Post by ZeroFill »

is/will there be an option to opt-in for maintenance newsletters? most of us probably don't regularly (read: daily) monitor the forums to keep ourselves up-to-date on current server related issues. It'd be really great to get the updates via email as we cannot subscribe to whole forum categories.
Alexander
not so much a newbie

Post by Alexander »

Yes, that's a great idea!
Alexander
graham

Post by graham »

I would really appreciate this also...
porcupine
Site Admin

Post by porcupine »

I'll see what we can do about that.

We used to mass email customers direct from our database, with any service announcements, etc. until one day we got squashed by a verified, and MS acknowledged bug with Access, thats never since been fixed (killing our mass email functionality unfortunatly). I'll see what we can do for a quick and dirty/easy type of email list :).
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
http://www.prioritycolo.com
ZeroFill

Post by ZeroFill »

how about a freeware mailing list like triangle solution's PHP Mulitple Newsletters. it might not be the best out there but it looks like it can be done (googled it).
porcupine
Site Admin

Post by porcupine »

ZeroFill wrote:how about a freeware mailing list like triangle solution's PHP Mulitple Newsletters. it might not be the best out there but it looks like it can be done (googled it).
We've got something in mind already, i'll just have to check to make sure it's installed with our mail configuration on the staff server.
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
http://www.prioritycolo.com