FS: Small Asp.Net focused hosting business w/ 1U server

pretty much anything you want

Moderator: Admins

mjgroff

FS: Small Asp.Net focused hosting business w/ 1U server

Post by mjgroff »

I am looking for someone to take over my small southern Ontario based Web hosting business. I would also consider partnering with someone. My day job makes it hard to be available to customers and invest the time necessary to grow the business.

I currently have about 30 customers, some with multiple sites. Monthly income after expenses is modest, about $30-$40.

I own a 1U server located with PriorityColo (who I highly recommend). It is a P4 2.8 Ghz with 1 Gig buffered ram, RAID 0 10k RPM drives totaling 32 GB with lot's of room left.

The server is configured with Win2003 Web Edition and all free software (mail server, databases, spam filter, etc.). There are no fees except the colo fees, domain name and SSL certificate.

I have a completely custom Control Panel written in Asp.Net/C#. It's good but not as complete as a commercial package. Therefore the ideal buyer should know Asp.Net to continue its development and how to manage a Windows 2003 server to look after what it doesn't.

I offer, or use, Asp.Net, PHP, Perl, Tomcat JSP, SpamAssassin, HMailServer, Filezilla FTP, MySQL, MSSQL 2005 Express, SquirrelMail, a commercial SSH daemon, OpenSRS Client and FrontPage extensions.

I also have an account with Tucows/OpenSRS and offer domain registrations and SSL certificates which I would transfer control of if this is allowed (haven't checked).

The sale would include my domain name and Web site. It could also include my Ontario registered business name (have to check into how that works too).

You can view my site here: http://204.15.198.202.

A buyer who is prepared to step into my shoes and maintain the current services and pricing is much preferred.

I haven't set a price but it would at least need to cover the remaining few months of my colo contract, the depreciated value of the server and other miscellaneous prepaid expenses so I'm thinking over $1000.

If you are interested please send me a private message.

Thanks.