Customizing the Warning email message text from CPANEL

Technical support for webhosting Resellers, and questions which directly relate to their services.

Moderator: Admins

Misha

Customizing the Warning email message text from CPANEL

Post by Misha »

Hi Myles and others,

I am wondering if you can implement this patch:

http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/show_bug.cgi?id=2626

It would allow you (but not us resellers) to customize the warning messages for disk, mail, and I think bandwidth usage near-overages.

The current text for an 80% full disk space is:

---------------
Disk Usage Warning (warn)

The account with the username 'yourname', is running out of disk space.
Please remove some files from this account, or ask the administrator to increase your disk quota.
You have currently used 80.31% of your disk space.
----------------

This message (and the other ones I think) are overly alarming and I have had clients complaining (or asking about it).

Something like:

----------------
Disk Usage Warning (warn) -- [you can't yet change the subject message]

Your web hosting account ('yourname') disk space usage has reached 80% [or 90%]. Should it near 100% you may have problems uploading files or recieving email.

This is just a notice. Thank you.
----------------

Or something like that (the folks here may be able to better suggest copy as this one is a little rough).

The only problem is that we would be one of the first people to use this patch so it might have problems (I have not looked at it so I don't know what it does).

Here is the corresponding post in the CPanel forum:

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?p=287653

Let me know what you think. I have had several curious and worried clients asking if they need to delete files.

Misha
Misha

Post by Misha »

Any comments? Can you perhaps just manually change the templates Myles? I have had several clients wondering what they need to do about this.