Come on people, lets get these forums rockin'!

pretty much anything you want

Moderator: Admins

jstonehouse

Come on people, lets get these forums rockin'!

Post by jstonehouse »

Come on guys, we need to get these forums rocking! Forums have to be one of the best thing about a host, and seeing as Myles and co. have been so kind as to set one up, we should start using them more and more.

I have bought my second server with Myles and am more than impressed so far, he's been very helpful in getting us ready and that needs a mention for sure.

So, whats everyone been up to recently? Wasn't there some kind of BIG HOLIDAY in the US? Did anyone get up to anything interesting?

I've just come back from the french trip from hell. It was supposed to be a two month break, part convelescence for my girlfriend who is recovering from major surgery, part holiday and part (well lets face it, mostly) work! However, my nice new car decided to break down on a remote highway with a £2,000 reparation bill and I was left with the only solution to buy a cheap secondary car as the repair work would have taken the duration of the holiday - the French take holidays seriously! Anyway to cut a long story short, that car also broke down later on but fortunately wasn't so hard to fix. Along with many other hiccups along the way, we named ourselves the "disasterous duo" but laughed it off in the end - after so many problems thats about all you can do. All in all a great trip beside the hiccups, good weather, food, wine and company and you just can't beat that.

:)
Jo
porcupine
Site Admin

Post by porcupine »

Heh-Heh,

If we fixed the "auto reply" emails, people might visit the forums a little more i guess, someday they might be super active, i just cant imagine that being any day soon :).

My car clicks when i drive, i swear, 1 wheel rotation = 1 click, its like im whizzing down main street in a cereal box toy, i brougth this to my mechanic's attention a few months back (along with brake squeal, come back abestos, i love you!), and apparently he couldn't hear the clicking/ticking.

Damn cars! :laugh:
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
http://www.prioritycolo.com
jstonehouse

Post by jstonehouse »

If we fixed the "auto reply" emails, people might visit the forums a little more i guess, someday they might be super active, i just cant imagine that being any day soon .
Gotta get that one going, forums can get pretty big quick (ours went from 0 to 1,600 posts in two months)
My car clicks when i drive, i swear, 1 wheel rotation = 1 click
Now.... don't get panicky..... but so did mine. I always thought it was strange, I heard it one day as I was driving along and then every time I was in the car I had to make sure the radio was up so I didn't have to listen to the racket. Its hardly very loud... but when you know its there you certainly can't help but notice it. Anyway, car broke down less than a month later, but can't imagine they're related... :shock: :roll: :?
Jo
markcw

Post by markcw »

hmmm...

taking the wife's car into the shop for the same squeaky problem :roll:

Perhaps it related to prioritycolocation? :D
WebHostingSources
Human edited directory of web hosting services
Get great offers in 3 clicks or less
http://www.webhostingsources.com
porcupine
Site Admin

Post by porcupine »

Let me know what they say, i dont have the $$$ around right now to take mine in (every time i take it in, it turns out i need a whole bunch of stuff done i couldn't even fathom requiring, but apparently i need regardless). If my wheel is about to fall off, i'll take mine in too :D
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
markcw

Post by markcw »

Well, the sounds was the brake caliper rubbing on the rotor.

Not a good situation!

Calipers replaced, rotor reground and new brake pads.

More than 4 servers at rackshack!
WebHostingSources
Human edited directory of web hosting services
Get great offers in 3 clicks or less
http://www.webhostingsources.com
porcupine
Site Admin

Post by porcupine »

let me say this, if there is ANYTHING wrong with the calipers on my car, heads will roll, those have been replaced recently, and then replaced again after a tech screwd something up, i paid both times, if theres a third time, hoooo-boy.... someone will die :D
Myles Loosley-Millman
Priority Colo Inc.
myles@prioritycolo.com
Excal

Post by Excal »

hrmm......well I guess i should really start looking on my own forum that i set up seeing as most of the users on here have more post than i do thats not really good